Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Triumph


All is well that ends well, right?   Well here it is my First Pumpkin pie from a real pumpkin!!  All in all I will probably make my pie this was from now on. The process was fairly simple and painless. I did find out that you would probably want to cook your pumpkins the day or night before instead on right when your trying to get dinner going:) My mistake but everything worked well. I choose a recipe off Pinterest. http://pinterest.com/pin/257620041155933705/

It gives you all the instructions from raw pumpkin to pumpkin pie and even some variations. I had my boys help scrape the seeds which they loved.I used two mini and one small pumpkin for my pie.
After getting the pie in the oven I moved on to the topping (which is my favorite). I decided to try two kinds of whip topping and see which one was preferred.
From the store I bought Reddi wip made with real cream. For the homemade one I decided on a recipe from All Recipes  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-whipped-cream/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=whipped%20topping&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page .

So what was the ending verdict...... The pie was a hit and everyone, except for my littlest one, liked the homemade whip topping best. The only complaint was that it was a little blah in flavor and could have been sweeter. So next time, and there will be a next time, I will use maybe brown sugar or honey. 
Let me know if you have a better recipe and I will try and compare. Thanks and Bon Appetite!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Love all the feedback.