Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cooking Julie Child Style

“Until I discovered cooking, I was never really interested in anything.”
Julia Child
 
I have decided that the thought I start out the week with will reflect what my other posts will be about that week. As you can probably tell from the wonderful Julia Child quote I will be exploring cooking this week. I have never really been a good "from scratch" cook but have been inspired to do more of it for my families health(as well as for budgeting benefits).  This week I will cook my first pumpkin pie from REAL pumpkins and experiment with Chinese cabbage as well as Bok Choy, mainly because it came in the Bountiful Basket I had purchased.  Aside from the cooking aspect I am trying to find something that will help bring LIFE back into my life. The thought of finding something that could interest me almost makes me want to get up in the morning. And any day that I want to get out of bed is a miracle. I end with another Julia Child quote only to warn you I will probably burn something this week!!

“The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude.” 
Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Love all the feedback.